Friday, March 1, 2013

Want Health and Longevity? Expand Friends!


KOMPAS.com - Breast cancer patients, say Ny. S, a young age. Age 33 years, gorgeous, have two children. Treated a few weeks ago because of complaints of nausea, vomiting, weakness, no appetite, and could not sleep. Before treatment, patients just get chemo therapy at a hospital outside of the city.

After 2-3 days of treatment, I see not much change in the patient. His complaints such as not rapidly improved, and some other little things that I see is patients like shut up. I do not see his friends who visited, only immediate family like her husband, and her parents.
"Where are his friends?" I asked one time when visite.
"There is, sir, but I can not tell that I was taken care of, even my friends no one knew I was sick like this, I'm shy and not confident that they know the doctor," the patient replied.
"Yes, I can memakluminya, there are some patients like that, but when you can cover it up, one day they'll know, too. And that friend has a positive influence on our health. Unhealthy relationships that you have with your friends , especially when you are sick will help children cure you ", I tried to explain to the patient.
"Is it true that as a doctor?" asked the patient again.
Before I answer, as he pauses, looks like a deep breath. "Perhaps the doctor's right, anyway I now no better, I do not have a friend to complain, complain, I do not have a friend to be able to talk a lot about my illness, anxiety, worry, fear me, and with this state, I now actually feel more depressed doctor, "continued the patient.
A few days after that, when visite, the atmosphere in the room changed the patient had begun to appear. Fruits, a variety of snacks meet mejamya visible, and appears also some fruit bouquets on it.
Looking at it, I spontaneously said, "it looks different now?"
"Yes doctor, friends mostly been on here, it's all of them," explained the patient with a smile.
"Right, it heals your friends?"
"Yes doctor, I feel much better now, I also feel healthier. I now have many friends who will listen, which I complain, confide, feeling my doctor."
From day to day the atmosphere in the room I saw the change. Sounds laughter, jokes, and laughter I hear the more boisterous. Nurse I began to complain, "full swing now dock there, they are no longer concerned about visiting hours, hours viste still many friends who visit," said one nurse. "It's okay, let it go, instead he added pain of loneliness, it might be better for her, her friends, it can be a cure for him," I replied.
Then, when I visite, did I see some of her friends are still there. One of his friends looked back massaged his shoulders, the other one is peel apples for him, and the other as a gift would feed it carries. In my heart murmur ....... "hmmmm, his friends actually become drug for him."
Soon I visite, I do not want to disturb the atmosphere as it was, I'm sure his friends are now perhaps more significant than my visit. Moreover, I see these patients appear to have much better, his complaints had improved, his appetite has also been recovered and the bed was already good.
Then, look at what happened to this patient, I am reminded of some related research influences positive relationships between friends, and health. Friends not only positive healing effect, and even reduce mortality and increase life expectancy. Having a friend can reduce stress, fear, and anxiety. Social support is obtained from a friend, according to a study can decrease heart rate, blood pressure, and improving one's immunity.
Research conducted in Sweden in middle-aged men showed that having a few friends or no friends, close, increase the risk of hea first time by 50 percent. Studies conducted in Buffalo, New York in 2009 found that those who earn the least social support most heart disease, anxiety, and depression. Studies in patients with breast cancer showed that those who received social support live two times longer than those without.
So, a friend is not just for joking, kidding, but mempuyai positive effects on physical health, emotional, and even spiritual. And as experienced by cancer patients at the top, a friend can make healthy, help you deal with Taruma like illness. Therefore, multiply friends. The more you have it, the closer the relationship, the greater the support you will get.
Sources: http://health.kompas.com/read/2013/03/01/08461723/

No comments:

Post a Comment