Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Former Inspiring Story of Anorexia Sufferers

VIVAlife - About six years ago, Simon Metin sentenced only to survive for a month. At the age is still 14 years old, this British teen anorexia.
He also left a private school and family in Cheshunt for treatment at the clinic Rhodes Farm. As reported by the Daily Mail page, Metin's weight obsession began at the age of 13.
"I was never a fat child. But with everything that's happened, I can not do anything about it, such as bullying at school, I realized the one thing I can control is what I eat," said Metin.
"I've never heard of anorexia and I did not realize that I was getting thinner. When I look in the mirror, I see someone who is getting bigger, not smaller."
Within six months, Metin was anorexic. He threw his lunch at school. He also lied to his mother by saying've eaten at a friend's house. Metin new health condition revealed after the mother of one of his friends tells Metin Metin father that the child may suffer eating disorders.
"My parents plead, cajole, and shouted to me to eat," Metin story.
In March 2007, Simon weighs just 25.4 pounds. He also suffered from severe pain and eventually taken to the clinic Rhodes Farm.
"I remember when the doctor said that if I do not eat then I would die within a month," said Metin.
Two years later, Metin finally out of the clinic Rhodes Farm. But at age 16, sometimes still feel the temptation Metin anorexia. He finally went to Cambridge to cure the disorder diet overall.
"Cambridge gave me a great start completely new. I've stopped counting calories and now I hardly ever weigh," he said.
Story Metin first raised by the BBC in 2007 in a documentary titled I'm A Boy anorexic. The film record Metin struggle against anorexia while being treated at Rhodes Farm.
Today, medical students at Kings College Cambridge, to share his experience fighting anorexia via a video uploaded on YouTube. The video also gives tips to teens how to overcome anorexia was watched about 1,000 times and became a YouTube sensation.
"Anorexia is considered a disease of young women. But now, with so much emphasis on diet, fitness and a six-pack, it is increasingly affecting young man," he said.
Sources: http://life.viva.co.id/news/read/384149

No comments:

Post a Comment